To join U3A in East Suffolk or to renew your membership
The University of the Third Age (U3A) in East Suffolk is a cooperative offering educational, recreational and social activities for its members. Membership is available to those who are in their ‘third age’ — the time after finishing working full-time or raising a family, and with the time and opportunity to pursue interests or try something new.
One form per person is needed. Return it to the address shown on the form. Any new member joining on or after 1st March will have extended membership until 30th June of the following year.
(opens in a new window)
Please consider paying your subscription by standing order. The advantages are that a standing order form only needs to be completed once, and will substantially reduce our admin work compared to cheque payments.
The annual subscription of £12.50 covers:
- Free attendance at any of the talk meetings in Kesgrave, Saxmundham, Woodbridge and Felixstowe (a total of 27 talks during the year).
- Free to join any of the 170+ interest groups and short courses (provided places are available).
- The Members' Handbook and Programme sent to you each year.
- The National U3A magazine Third Age Matters delivered to your home five times a year.
- The U3A in East Suffolk Newsletter delivered by email or post three times a year.
- The Monthly eBulletin for U3A in East Suffolk delivered by email each month with latest news of groups and events.
You can join any of our interest groups - provided places are available. Also you may wish to start your own group.
Details about how to join the groups are listed here. There may be a small additional cost for some groups to cover materials or a meeting place.
Non-members are welcome to come to a monthly meeting or join in a particular group's activity once. This will let you find out whether it is for you, but after this initial visit you must join U3A if you wish to come again.
Our PO Box Address is:
U3A East Suffolk Membership Secretary
PO Box 1111
Our constitution can be downloaded here.